Chicken nuggets with lemon caper sauce
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 600g chicken tenderloins, cut into 5cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup extra-light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place flour on a plate. Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and lemon rind on a plate.
- Step 2 - Dip 1 piece of chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Toss in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining chicken, flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture. Spray chicken with oil.
- Step 3 - Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway, or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile, combine sour cream, lemon juice, capers and parsley in a bowl. Serve chicken nuggets with sour cream mixture and salad.