Chicken and basil fried rice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 1/2 cups skinless shredded barbecued chicken (see note)
- 2 medium (300g) carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups doongara long-grain rice, cooked, cooled
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 1/2 cups beansprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Step 1 - Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Lightly spray onion with oil. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken and carrot. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 2 - Add rice, snow peas and beansprouts. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add soy sauce and garlic. Stir to combine. Remove from heat. Add basil and stir to combine. Serve.