Cherry ripe brownie bar
- 60g butter
- 52g Cadbury Cherry Ripe, finely chopped
- 250g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 100g red glace cherries
- 125ml (1/2 cup) condensed milk
- 65g (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 4-6 drops of red food colouring (optional)
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly spray a 22 x 7.5cm (base measurement) bar pan with oil. Line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing sides to overhang.
- Step 2 - Use a metal spoon to stir the butter, Cherry Ripe and 120g dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat until the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 3 - Whisk the egg and combined sugar into the chocolate mixture. Add flour. Stir until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre. Cool slightly.
- Step 4 - Finely chop half the cherries. Cut remaining cherries in half. Combine cherry, condensed milk and coconut in a bowl. Stir in the food colouring. Spoon cherry mixture over the brownie. Smooth surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool completely. Remove from the pan.
- Step 5 - Heat the remaining chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on medium, stirring every 30 seconds, for 2 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons melted chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate over the bar and spread over the top and sides. Drizzle the reserved chocolate lengthways to create lines. Set aside until chocolate sets. Slice.