- plain flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup extra tasty cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 16 chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- olive oil, for cooking
- barbecue sauce, to serve
- Step 1 - Place the flour and egg in separate bowls.
- Step 2 - Place the cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in another bowl and toss to combine well.
- Step 3 - Working in batches, dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg. Transfer to the breadcrumb mixture and press to coat each tenderloin well. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Step 4 - Place enough oil in a non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat. Cook the chicken in two batches for two minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Step 5 - Remove and drain on a paper towel. Serve with a side of barbecue sauce.