Carrot and apple salad
- 100g (1 cup) walnut kernels
- 6 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 green apple, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 65g (1/3 cup) sultanas
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the walnuts on a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Step 2 - Place the carrot and apple in a bowl. Add half the lemon juice and toss to combine. Stir in the walnuts and sultanas.
- Step 3 - Combine oil, honey and remaining lemon juice in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine.