Caraway meatballs with cabbage salad
- 425g lean beef mince
- 25g (1/4 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellowbox honey
- 1/4 (about 250g) red cabbage, hard core removed, shredded
- 1/4 (about 250g) green cabbage, hard core removed, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnut halves
- Step 1 - Kids' task: Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg and caraway seeds in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mince mixture into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 7-8 minutes or until cooked through. Add the honey and cook, stirring, until the meatballs are evenly coated.
- Step 3 - Cook cabbage in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water for 3 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add chives and walnuts and toss to combine. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with meatballs and drizzle with pan juices.