Caramel popcorn choc tops
- 1 x 100g pkt natural flavour microwave popcorn
- 2 x 300g pkts soft caramels (such as Pascall Columbines)
- 300g butter, chopped
- 10 bought ice-cream cup cones
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Step 1 - Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cook the popcorn in the microwave following packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2 - Place the caramels and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Step 3 - Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Step 4 - Divide the caramel popcorn among the cones and place on the lined tray. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
- Step 5 - Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on Medium/ 500watts/50%, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, for 1 minute or until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Step 6 - Drizzle a little chocolate over the top of each cone. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until set. Serve.