- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 250g strawberries, hulled, thickly sliced
- Icing sugar mixture, for dusting
- Step 1 - Sift flour into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Whisk buttermilk and egg together in a jug. Add to well. Using a wooden spoon, stir until smooth.
- Step 2 - Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Using 1 tablespoon of batter at a time, cook pikelets, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until small bubbles start to form on surface. Carefully turn over. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pikelets. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve topped with strawberries and dusted with icing sugar.