Buttermilk chicken with sweet potato mash
- 125ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 (about 500g) chicken tenderloins
- 700g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 60g (1 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Steamed green vegetables, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine buttermilk, lemon rind and garlic in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to the pan. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3 - Combine breadcrumbs and parsley on a plate. Drain chicken pieces, 1 at a time, from marinade. Press into breadcrumb mixture to evenly coat. Transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Step 4 - Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with the mash and vegetables.