Buckwheat apple and cinnamon pikelets
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (see note)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 medium red apple, peeled, coarsely grated
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- Step 1 - Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Add milk, eggs, sugar and apple. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 - Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Using tablespoons of batter at a time, cook pikelets, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until small bubbles form on surface. Turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve with yoghurt.