Boscaiola jacket potatoes
- 6 large Sebago potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 small eschalot, finely chopped
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Pat potatoes dry with paper towel. Pierce all over with a fork. Place potatoes on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 - Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden and tender. Stand potatoes for 5 to 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, heat butter and remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add eschalot and bacon. Cook for 5 minutes or until bacon is golden and crisp. Add mushroom. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir in garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add flour. Stir to coat. Stir in cream. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 - Using a small knife, cut a cross in the top of each potato. Gently squeeze the base of each potato to open top. Place on plates. Top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve.