Blueberry and nut loaf
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 125g low-fat spread, melted
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- Butter, or margarine, for serving, if desired
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Lightly spray a 10 x 20cm loaf pan with oil.
- Step 2 - Sift flours and spice together into a bowl, returning husks to bowl. Stir in sugar, berries, nuts, bran and half the pepitas.
- Step 3 - Whisk together spread, milk and eggs. Lightly mix into dry ingredients until combined.
- Step 4 - Spoon mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle evenly with remaining pepitas. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Step 5 - Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 6 - Serve sliced, spread with butter or margarine, if desired. Store in an airtight container.