- 5 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 x 250g packets sponge finger biscuits
- 6 passionfruit, halved
- 500g strawberries, sliced
- 125g raspberries
- 125g blueberries
- Dark chocolate curls, to serve
- Step 1 - Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl for 5 to 6 minutes or until pale and creamy. Fold in mascarpone and vanilla. Fold cream into mascarpone mixture.
- Step 2 - Beat eggwhites in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 - Dissolve coffee powder in boiling water. Working quickly, dip half the biscuits, 1 at a time, in coffee to coat. Place, in a single layer, over base of a 2.8 litre capacity, 6cm-deep, 21cm x 32cm serving dish.
- Step 4 - Spread half the mascarpone mixture over biscuits. Top with passionfruit pulp and half the strawberries. Repeat layers with remaining biscuits, coffee mixture and mascarpone mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Step 5 - Top with raspberries, blueberries and remaining strawberries. Sprinkle with chocolate. Serve.