Barbecued chicken patties
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 short rindless bacon rashers, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 750g chicken mince
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 200g sweet potato, peeled, sliced into 1.5cm-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup dijonnaise (see note)
- Dressed watercress sprigs, to serve
- Step 1 - Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft. Stir in mushroom, bacon and rosemary. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushroom is soft. Add vinegar and cook for 1 minute or until vinegar has evaporated. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2 - Place mince in a large bowl. Add bacon mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Shape mixture into four 3cm-thick patties. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Step 3 - Preheat a barbecue plate on medium heat. Spray sweet potato with oil. Barbecue for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 4 - Spray patties with oil. Barbecue for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve chicken patties with dijonnaise, sweet potato and watercress.