Banana, carrot and cinnamon muffins
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 10 holes of a 12-hole, 1/3-cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Step 2 - Using an electric mixer, beat banana, eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla bean paste on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Step 3 - Sift flour and cinnamon over the banana mixture. Add carrot. Fold until just combined.
- Step 4 - Spoon mixture evenly among paper cases. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.