Baked tomatoes with cheesy rice filling
- 1/2 cup (150g) brown rice
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 8 large (185g) tomatoes
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 cup (50g) grated tasty cheese
- 125g can four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 50g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 160°C. In a saucepan over high heat bring rice and water to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered for 5-10 mins.
- Step 2 - Cut tops off tomatoes. Gently scoop pulp out of tomatoes into a bowl. Mash pulp with a fork. Combine cooked rice, tomato pulp, shallots, 1/2 cup grated cheese, four bean mix, mushrooms and parsley.
- Step 3 - Divide mixture into tomatoes, top with remaining grated cheese. Place tomatoes into ovenproof dish with enough hot water to come 1cm up the side of tomatoes.
- Step 4 - Bake uncovered for 30 mins, until cheese is melted and tomatoes have softened. Serve with green salad.