- 40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
- 60ml (1/4 cup) cold water
- 4 large (about 180g each) ripe bananas, peeled, cut crossways into thirds
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 250ml (1 cup) 99 per cent fat-free custard, to serve
- Step 1 - Kids' task: Spread the almond meal over a large plate. Use a pastry brush to brush bananas evenly with water. Roll the bananas in the almond meal to evenly coat.
- Step 2 - Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bananas and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 3 - Place bananas in serving bowls and serve with custard.