Veal marsala with rosemary and garlic potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 (160g each) veal cutlets
- 2/3 cup marsala (see note)
- 1/3 cup pouring cream
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- steamed green beans and baby carrots, to serve
Rosemary and garlic potatoes
- 1.25kg desiree potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Step 1 - Make rosemary and garlic potatoes: Preheat oven to 220°C. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place potatoes, in a single layer, in a large roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes. Sprinkle over garlic and rosemary. Toss gently to coat. Roast potatoes for a further 20 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Season both sides cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3 - Increase heat to high. Add marsala and cream to frying pan. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Return veal and juices to pan. Turn to coat.
- Step 4 - Place cutlets on serving plates and pour over sauce. Serve with rosemary and garlic potatoes, beans and carrots.