- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 4 veal steak or pork leg steaks
- 30g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices tomato
- 375g jar passata sauce
- 125g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Potatoes and salad or vegetables, to serve
- Step 1 - In a shallow dish combine four, ground paprika and season to taste.
- Step 2 - Dust 4 veal or pork leg steaks in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Step 3 - Heat butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil together in a large frying pan on high. Cook meat for 1 minute each side. Arrange a single layer in a shallow casserole dish or a frying pan with a flame-proof handle.
- Step 4 - Preheat a grill to high. Top each piece of meat with a slice of tomato and drizzle passata sauce over. Top with mozzarella. Grill for 4-5 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Step 5 - Scatter with fresh basil leaves before serving. Accompany with sauteed potatoes and salad or vegetables.