Veal and Eggplant stacks
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 240g (1 cup) fresh low-fat ricotta
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil
- 40g (1/4 cup) pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 4 (about 125g each) veal schnitzels
- Olive oil spray
- 2 small eggplant, trimmed, cut lengthways into eight 1cm-thick slices
- 3 zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthways into 5mm-thick slices
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper. Place tomato, cut-side up, on tray. Season to taste. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just soft. Combine ricotta, basil and olives in a bowl.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, place 1 schnitzel between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin until 2mm thick. Repeat with remaining veal. Cut each piece of veal in half.
- Step 3 - Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Spray with oil. Grill eggplant and zucchini for 2 minutes each side or until tender. Grill veal for 1-2 minutes each side for medium. Place 1 slice of veal on each plate. Top with 1 slice of eggplant, 2 slices of zucchini and 2 tablespoons of ricotta. Repeat. Top with tomato and rocket. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.