- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 350g packet Madeira cake
- 50ml Malibu liqueur (see note)
- 3 mangoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 5 passionfruit, pulp removed
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted, to serve
- Step 1 - Whisk yolks, sugar and cornflour together in a bowl until pale. Heat coconut milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat until hot (don't allow to boil). Remove from heat. Slowly add to egg mixture, whisking constantly, until well combined.
- Step 2 - Return mixture to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until custard thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon (don't boil). Pour into a heat-proof bowl. Place plastic wrap over surface to prevent a skin forming. Refrigerate until cold.
- Step 3 - Cut cake into 5 slices lengthways. Using a 4 1/2cm star-shaped cutter, cut stars out of cake slices. Place into the bases of 6 x 3/4-cup capacity glasses. Drizzle with Malibu.
- Step 4 - Place mangoes and 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp into a bowl. Toss. Spoon half the fruit evenly over cake. Spoon custard over fruit. Top with remaining fruit. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours.