- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 firmly packed (100g) brown sugar
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 450g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Step 1 - Heat the canola oil in a sacuepan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is soft. Add the vinegar, brown sugar and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Step 2 - Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes until thick. Stir in the honey and cool to room temperature.