Thai-style pumpkin soup with coriander pesto
- 2 bunches coriander, roots trimmed (a few leaves reserved for garnish)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups (500ml) Campbell's Real Stock Vegetable
- 400ml canned light coconut milk
- Thinly sliced red onion and thinly sliced red chilli, to garnish
- Step 1 - To make the coriander pesto, process coriander, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor. Slowly add 3 tablespoons of the oil to give a sauce consistency, adding a little warm water if necessary, then season.
- Step 2 - Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and stir for 1 minute. Add ginger and paste and stir for 1 minute. Add pumpkin and stock, bring to boil, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes until pumpkin is cooked. Cool slightly, then blend until smooth. Return to the pan, add the coconut milk and season, then warm through.
- Step 3 - To serve, place soup in bowls and swirl in a spoonful of pesto. Garnish with the onion, chilli and reserved coriander leaves.