- 3 sheets (25 x 25cm) ready rolled frozen shortcrust pastry (Pampas brand), just thawed
- 2 tablespoons strawberry-flavoured jelly crystals (Aeroplane brand)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) cold water
- 125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 55g (1/4 cup) lemon butter (MasterFoods brand)
- 1.25kg (5 punnets) strawberries, washed, hulled
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut each pastry sheet into quarters. Line base and side of twelve 8cm (base measurement) non-stick mini tart pans with pastry and trim any excess. Prick pastry with a fork. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to rest. Cover pastry bases with a piece of non-stick baking paper and fill with rice or dried beans.
- Step 2 - Place tart pans on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is light golden. Remove paper and rice or beans, and bake for a further 5 minutes or until bases are crisp. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Carefully lift pastry cases out of pans and place on a tray.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, place jelly crystals in a heatproof jug and pour over the boiling water. Stir with a fork until crystals dissolve. Stir in the cold water. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Step 4 - To make the lemon curd, combine cream cheese and lemon butter in a bowl. Spoon curd evenly among pastry cases and use the back of the spoon to smooth the surface. Top with strawberries. Spoon over the cooled jelly and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until jelly sets.