Strawberry & ginger pudding
- Melted butter, to grease
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 250g punnet strawberries, washed, hulled, quartered
- 250ml (1 cup) ginger beer
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 2L (8-cup) capacity baking dish with melted butter.
- Step 2 - Combine flour and 100g (1/2 cup) of sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk in the butter, milk, egg and ginger until smooth. Stir in strawberry until just combined. Spread over the base of the prepared dish.
- Step 3 - Heat the ginger beer and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until the honey dissolves. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the surface of the pudding mixture. Gradually pour the warm ginger beer mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into the centre comes out clean.