Strawberry & coconut crumble
- Melted butter, to grease
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 100g butter, chilled, chopped
- 55g (3/4 cup) shredded coconut
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 2L (8-cup) capacity baking dish with melted butter. Place the strawberry in a large bowl. Add the vanilla bean paste and toss to combine. Spread the strawberry mixture evenly over the base of the prepared dish.
- Step 2 - Combine flour and caster sugar in a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the coconut.
- Step 3 - Spread coconut mixture evenly over the strawberry mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Dust with icing sugar.