Strawberry balsamic ice-cream
- 400g strawberries, hulled, quartered, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- 2/3 cup (100g) pure icing sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) thickened cream
- Step 1 - Place strawberries and vinegar in a bowl and leave to macerate for 20 minutes. Transfer to a food processor with sugar and blend until smooth. Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Step 2 - Whip cream, then fold into strawberry mixture. Pour into a shallow container and freeze until frozen at edges. Beat with an electric beater. Pour back into container and re-freeze. Repeat 2 or 3 times. (Or use an ice-cream machine following manufacturer's directions.)
- Step 3 - Serve the ice-cream with strawberries and a drizzle of balsamic.