Sticky char siu spare ribs
- 1/2 cup char siu sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (see note)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 (1.2kg) pork spare ribs, rind removed
- Sliced green onions, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine char siu sauce, soy sauce, rice wine and garlic in a jug. Place pork in a large glass or ceramic dish. Pour over half the sauce mixture. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Step 2 - Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place pork on a wire rack in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Roast, basting with remaining marinade and turning every 10 minutes, for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Cut ribs in half. Serve topped with onion.