Spring onion, potato and trout salad with almond salsa verde
- 150g Sicillian green olives, flesh sliced away from pit, coarsely chopped
- 60g natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 700g small kipfler potatoes, scrubbed, halved
- 4 x 180g ocean trout fillets, skinned, pin-boned
- 1 bunch spring onions
- Lemon cheeks, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine olives, almonds, capers, parsley, anchovies, garlic and 100ml oil in a bowl then season with black pepper. Cook potatoes, covered with water in a saucepan over medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile: cut each fish fillet into 3 pieces. Trim imion tops (retaining 2 cm of top) and bases, keeping the root end intact then cut into 3 lengthways. Brush fish and onions lightly with remaining oil.
- Step 3 - Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat then cook onions for 45-60 seconds each side or until lightly charred and tender. Remove from pan. Add fish pieces and cook, in batches, for 30 seconds each side or until just cooked. Gently combine warm potatoes and onions with olive mixture then layer on plates or a platter with torn fish pieces. Squeeze over meon cheeks. Serve.