Spinach and feta chicken
- 250g marinated feta cheese, drained, crumbled
- 1/2 small bunch English spinach, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 60g butter, chopped
- 250g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 350g green beans, steamed
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine feta, spinach, coriander and egg in bowl.
- Step 2 - Cut lengthways through each chicken breast to make a pocket. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of feta mixture into each pocket. Secure with a toothpick. Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Dot with 40g butter. Cover with foil.
- Step 3 - Cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 4 - Melt remaining 20g butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove to a bowl. Add garlic, tomatoes and stock to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 - Remove toothpicks. Slice chicken. Serve with sauce, mushrooms and beans.