Spaghetti and parmesan pinenut meatballs
- 2 brown onions
- 500g pork and veal mince
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (45g) toasted pinenuts
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 8 slices mild pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500g dried spaghetti
- Step 1 - Coarsely grate 1 onion and place in a large bowl. Add the mince, egg, pinenuts and parmesan and use your hands to mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Roll tablespoonsful of the mince mixture into balls and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Step 2 - Finely chop the remaining onion and set aside. Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the meatballs in batches, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 3 - Add the chopped onion and pancetta to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Step 5 - Divide among serving bowls. Top with meatballs and tomato sauce and sprinkle with extra parmesan, to serve.