Smoked trout bruschetta with capers
- 2 x 150g pkts Springs smoked ocean trout, flaked
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, ends trimmed
- 4 slices ciabatta, toasted, to serve
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Place the trout, capers, onion, horseradish and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine.
- Step 2 - Use a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber lengthways into thin ribbons.
- Step 3 - Divide the ciabatta among serving plates. Top with cucumber, and trout mixture. Sprinkle with dill sprigs and serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.