Smoked trout and bean soup
- 2 (150g each) smoked trout pieces (see note)
- 2 pieces lavash bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 350g chat potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 2 x 420g cans four bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- Step 1 - Remove skin and bones from trout. Break flesh into pieces. Set aside. Preheat oven to 190°C. Place lavash on a baking tray. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool. Break into large pieces.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Increase heat to high. Stir in tomatoes, stock and potatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Step 3 - Add green beans and bean mix. Simmer for 3 minutes or until green beans turn bright green. Remove from heat. Gently stir in trout. Season with pepper. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with lavash.