Smoked salmon pate
- 200g pkt smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup (125g) mascarpone
- 1/3 cup (85g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs finely chopped dill
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Step 1 - Place the salmon in the bowl of a small food processor and process until almost smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Add the mascarpone, mayonnaise, green onion, dill, lemon juice, horseradish and mustard and gently stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 - Spoon salmon mixture evenly among two 1-cup (250ml) capacity ramekins or serving bowls and smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours to set and develop flavours.
- Step 3 - Top with a sprig of dill. Serve with melba toast and cornichons, if desired.