Smoked fish and corn chowder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 800g coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 180g hot-smoked salmon fillet, flaked
- Step 1 - Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Step 2 - Add potato and stock. Increase heat to medium-high. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat.
- Step 3 - Process 2 cups potato mixture until smooth. Using a potato masher, roughly mash remaining mixture in pan (mixture should be chunky). Return processed mixture to pan. Add corn, cream and salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into bowls. Season with pepper. Serve.