Seared tuna skewers with zucchini, chilli & mint salad
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of 2 lemons, plus 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 600g fresh tuna fillet, cut into 3cm cubes
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 4 large zucchini (about 750g), coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C. Soak 4 wooden skewers in boiling water for 10 minutes. Combine the garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, half the lemon zest and plenty of salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the tuna, toss to combine, then cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Step 3 - Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high. Thread marinated tuna onto soaked skewers and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side for rare, or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4 - Whisk sugar, lemon juice and remaining zest and oil together, then toss with the zucchini, chilli, mint and pine nuts. Serve with the tuna skewers and tomatoes.