- 170g-piece skinless salmon fillet
- 40g butter, at room temperature
- 100g smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- White pepper
- French bread stick (baguette), toasted, to serve
- Picked watercress sprigs, to serve
- Step 1 - Place the salmon in a frying pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn the salmon and set aside in the poaching liquid to cool. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Flake into small pieces.
- Step 2 - Process butter in a food processor until smooth. Add the flaked salmon, smoked salmon and cre?me frai?che or sour cream. Process until coarsely chopped. Add chives and dill. Process to combine. Season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a 500ml (2-cup) jar. Spread on bread. Top with watercress.