Salmon balls with lemon sauce
- 250g Desiree potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 x 200g cans premium salmon, drained, flaked
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 cup dill leaves, chopped
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Step 1 - Place potatoes into a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return to saucepan. Mash. Transfer to a bowl. Cool.
- Step 2 - Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Add salmon, half the lemon rind, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of dill, and salt and pepper to potato. Mix well to combine.
- Step 3 - Place breadcrumbs onto a plate. Using wet hands, roll tablespoonfuls of salmon mixture into balls. Roll in breadcrumbs.
- Step 4 - Place onto prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Step 5 - Mix together sour cream, remaining dill, lemon rind, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Serve with salmon balls.