Roasted honey cinnamon pears
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 packham or beurre bosc pears, halved, cored
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 thick strips orange rind
- Double cream, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Combine honey, sugar and 1 cup cold water in a roasting pan. Add pears, skin-side up. Add cinnamon and orange rind. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Step 2 - Roast for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Turn pears. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until pears are caramelised and tender, basting with syrup halfway through cooking. Serve with cream.