Roast beetroot and parsnip with walnuts
- 2 bunches beetroot, scrubbed, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, halved and toasted
- 150g Castello white cheese, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled, quartered
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan. Wrap each beetroot in foil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45 mins.
- Step 2 - Toss together parsnips and oil in a small baking pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 20-25 mins, until tender, remove from oven and leave in baking pan.
- Step 3 - Peel and quarter cooked beetroot. Add to pan then add walnuts and cheese. Bake for 5 mins until cheese melts.