Rhubarb & orange compote
- 200g rhubarb, stalks trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces.
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar, plus 2 tablespoons pared rind and juice of 2 navel oranges, plus 1 orange, segmented.
- 250g punnet strawberries, hulled, sliced.
- Creme fraiche or thick yoghurt, to serve.
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180C. Place rhubarb in a baking dish. toss with 1 tablespoon sugar and half the juice. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes, then uncovered for 5 minutes until tender.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, slice orange rind into thin strips. Place 1/2 cup (110g) sugar and 1 cup (250ml) water in a pan over high heat, stir to dissolve, then bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add rind and simmer for 20 minutes or until softened. Cool.
- Step 3 - Gently mix rhubarb, orange segments and strawberries with remaining juice and sugar. Drizzle over orange syrup, then serve with creme fraiche or yoghurt.