- 2 kg fresh whole duck
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon Coles brand blended vegetable oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 100g eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Steamed Coles brand jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 190°C or 170°C fan. Line a tray with a roasting rack. Place duck on rack and roast for 1 hr. Place pineapple pieces on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast with the duck for another 30 mins. Transfer the duck to a board and rest for 10 mins. Remove bones and shred the meat.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the coconut cream from the top of the coconut milk. Cook for 1-2 mins or until split (see tip). Add the paste and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins. Add spring onion, eggplant and remaining coconut milk and cook for 8-10 mins or until eggplant is tender.
- Step 3 - Add tomatoes, duck, pineapple, fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 5 mins or until tomatoes soften. Serve with basil leaves and steamed jasmine rice.