Prosciutto stuffing bites
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 50g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease two 12-hole mini muffin pans. Cut prosciutto slices in half lengthways. Cut each in half crossways to make 24 pieces. Line sides of muffin holes with prosciutto.
- Step 2 - Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in mustard. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in sage and breadcrumbs. Cool for 5 minutes. Add eggs. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
- Step 3 - Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into 1 hole of prepared pan. Using the back of a teaspoon, press mixture into hole. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve.