Pork skewers with Caprese salad
- You’ll need 16 x 25cm bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes.
- 8 pork loin steaks, halved lengthwise
- 140g (1/2 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs each finely chopped basil and flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Grilled pita bread (optional), to serve
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) basil leaves
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained, torn
- Step 1 - Place pork, yoghurt, garlic, basil, parsley, lemon zest and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss well to combine. Stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2 - Thread pork lengthwise onto skewers. Lightly grease a chargrill pan or barbecue, then preheat to high. Cook skewers, turning, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, to make salad, whisk vinegar, sugar and oil in a large bowl until combined. Add tomatoes, onion, basil and bocconcini, and gently toss to combine. Season.
- Step 4 - Divide skewers and salad among plates. Serve with pita bread, if using.