Pork, prune and port casserole
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1.5kg shoulder of pork, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup port or prune juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 375g pitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Step 1 - Place flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat pork in flour.
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork, in small batches, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Step 3 - Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Spoon into slow cooker. Add port, water, prunes, thyme and pork. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender and sauce is thick.