- 3 sweet persimmons
- 12 thin slices (about 250g) prosciutto, halved lenthways
- 3 cups (150g) small rocket leaves
- 1 witlof, leaves separated
- 60g walnut halves, coarsely broken
- 1 cup (80g) shaved parmesan
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thin cream
- Step 1 - To make the walnut dressing, place the garlic, walnut oil, olive oil and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. With the motor running, add cream in a thin steady stream, processing until mixture is emulsified and smooth (take care not to over-process or mixture may curdle). Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 - Use a Japanese mandolin or sharp knife to slice persimmons widthways into 2mm-thick slices. Arrange prosciutto, rocket, witlof and walnuts on serving plates. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter with parmesan and drizzle with dressing to serve.