Parmesan-crumbed veal cutlets with sweet potato mash
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 (150g each) veal cutlets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 800g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup hot milk
- 30g butter, chopped
- pinch ground nutmeg
- extra-light olive oil, for frying
- steamed broccolini and lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Step 2 - Coat cutlets in flour. Dip into egg, then coat in breadcrumb mixture, using your fingertips to press on crumbs.
- Step 3 - Cook sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Mash roughly. Add milk, butter, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Step 4 - Meanwhile, heat enough oil to coat base of a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Cook cutlets for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Serve cutlets with sweet potato mash, steamed broccolini and lemon wedges.