- 180g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste, soaked in 1 tablespoon warm water and strained (optional)
- 3 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 teaspoon water
- 225g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 113g boneless skinless chicken breast, finely julienned
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli paste or red curry paste
- 1 cup cabbage, finely julienned
- 1 large carrot, finely julienned
- 1/2 cup Coles Chicken Stock
- 110 g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, sliced thin on an angle
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Coriander, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 - Place the noodles into a large mixing bowl with warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes or until the noodles are flexible but not overly soft, then drain and reserve.
- Step 2 - In a medium bowl whisk the soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and tamarind paste and set aside.
- Step 3 - Heat a large wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the hot wok.
- Step 4 - Add the egg and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring as needed to evenly cook the egg without scrambling it, keeping the egg in a large omelette shape, then remove from the pan to a cutting board and cut into a julienne.
- Step 5 - Wipe out the wok and return to the heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the chilli paste in the oil for a few seconds then add the chicken and saute for 2 minutes. Add prawns and continue to sauté until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Step 6 - Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the cabbage and carrots for 1 minute or until tender, then add the drained noodles and cook for 2 minutes or until al dente.
- Step 7 - Add the soy mixture to the pan along with 1/2 of the chicken stock, and once the liquid is absorbed by the noodles, add the remaining chicken stock and mix well, then fold in the egg, bean sprouts and spring onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 8 - Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide the pad Thai among four serving plates.
- Step 9 - Garnish with the peanuts and coriander and serve.