Orange rosemary chicken
- 1 whole chicken, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups hot water
Orange marmalade and rosemary glaze
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Step 1 - Make glaze: Stir orange juice, orange marmalade, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and chopped fresh rosemary in a saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes or until marmalade dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the glaze thickens.
- Step 2 - Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook 1 whole chicken, quartered, for 2-3 minutes each side or until brown.
- Step 3 - Place 2 cups hot water and 2 tablespoons glaze in a roasting pan. Place chicken pieces, skin-side down, in the mixture. Cover with foil. Bake at 180°C, turning once, for 45 minutes or until just cooked.
- Step 4 - Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Brush chicken with glaze. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until caramelised and slightly charred.