Orange ice cream with spiced cinnamon syrup
- 220g jar orange marmalade
- 2L good-quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange, plus extra segments to serve
- 2 cinnamon quills, broken
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water (see note)
- Slivered pistachios and mint leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Line a 2L terrine mould with plastic wrap, leaving plenty overhanging the sides.
- Step 2 - Fold all but 2 tablespoons marmalade through the ice cream. Transfer to the mould, cover with the overhanging plastic wrap and freeze overnight until firm.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, combine sugar, orange juice, remaining marmalade and 100ml water in a pan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add the cinnamon, orange blossom water and orange zest, and simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened. Chill until cool.
- Step 4 - Cut ice cream into thick slices and garnish with nuts, orange segments and mint. Pour over the spiced cinnamon syrup and serve.